Re: How to include information about a source package ?

Andreas Barth <aba@not.so.argh.org> writes:
> * Russ Allbery (rra@debian.org) [060429 05:50]:

>>  4. should use <packagename>-<upstream-version>.orig as the name of the
>>     top-level directory in its tarball. This makes it possible to
>>     distinguish pristine tarballs from repackaged ones. +
>>
>> that feels very ugly and ad hoc.  I'm not a fan of encouraging these kinds
>> of heuristics, particularly when they're not widely followed in the
>> archive at the moment and therefore not particularly useful to apply.

> If you think something is broken in the developers reference, please
> help us to fix it.

Oh, I will if it seems warranted.  Right now, it's just a gut feeling on
my part, which shouldn't matter a tremendous amount to anyone.  If I feel
there's any sort of consensus or if I have a concrete suggestion, I'll
definitely file an actual bug.