Re: Linda warnings about manpages in my packages

Hi,

On Thu, 20 Apr 2006, Marco Bertorello wrote:
> denyhosts-python2.3
> denyhosts-python2.4
> denyhosts-common
>
> the binaries are stored in packages -python2.X but the manpage (common
> to alla packages) is stored in denyhosts-common.

Why would you have a binary in -python2.3 *and* in -python2.4 ?

And why can't you simply provide a single package an you make the choice
to use either python2.3 or python2.4 ?

I don't see the gain of having two versions of the same application just
to work with two different python version... (it's different for Python
modules because the user must be able to use the modules with the Python
version of its choice)

If your application works with python2.3 (default python version for the
moment), then you use that and you're done. Once python2.4 is the default,
you update your package to work with python 2.4 and you're done.

And if you believe that the modules are useful for the end-user, then the
current packaging make sense (bin and manpages in -common and modules in
-python2.X).

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog