Question about debian/copyright

Hi,

I have a doubt related to debian/copyright. In policy it is said that "Every
package must be accompanied by a verbatim copy of its copyright and
distribution license in the file /usr/share/doc/package/copyright.". I've
always interpreted this in the sense that every binary package must be
accompanied of the verbatim copy of copyright and distribution licenses of the
contents packaged in it.

Now, if a source package (orig.tar.gz) contains different material with
different licenses (allowing redistribution and so), but binary packages only
include part of them, is it mandatory to have in debian/copyright files in the
binary .deb packages the copyright and licenses of things that are are not
packaged in them, but that are distributed in the source package?

More concisely, is debian/copyright supposed to include the copyright and
license of the contents of the binary package in which it is contained, or the
source package from which it is generated? Take into account that the source
package already contains the copyright notices related to the source
distribution, right as upstream have included them.

Greetings,
Miry

LLama Gratis a cualquier PC del Mundo.
http://es.voice.yahoo.com