RFC: gnash (FSF Free Flash Player)

Hi,

Gnash is a free Flash movie player, which works either standalone, or as a
Firefox/Mozilla plugin.  Currently It is in a very alpha state. The plugin is
under heavy development at this time.

Gnash supports the current Shockwave format, version 7. While all the
ActionScript classes exist, not all of the methods defined by the SWF format
documentation are implemented however, so not all flash movies work 100% if
they utilize any of the unimplemented methods. This is one of the areas to
work on to achieve full version 7 compliance.

Included in the Gnash is an XML based messaging system, as specified in
the Flash specification. This lets a flash movie communicate over a TCP/IP
socket, and parse the incoming XML message. This lets a movie be a remote
control for other devices or applications.

The home page of the project lies at http://www.gnu.org/software/gnash/

Gnash is not ready for uploading to SID yet, and upstream has not made any
stable release, but as there is quite a high demand for it, I'm considering
putting it into experimental. I don't think the plugin is useful yet for final
users, and it's probably only of interest for developers right now. Gnash is
currently under heavy development.

The last packages I've made are available at
http://baby.yi.org/packages/gnash/

Greetings,
Miry

LLama Gratis a cualquier PC del Mundo.