Re: RFS: gimp-resynthesizer - Gimp plugin for texture synthesis
On 3/31/06, Christoph Haas <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Hi, Bryan...
> On Wed, Mar 22, 2006 at 08:08:44PM -0500, Bryan Donlan wrote:
> > I have created a package for the gimp resynthesizer plugin, as
> > requested in RFP-now-ITP #355685, and would like to request a sponsor
> > for it. The upstream homepage is
> > http://www.logarithmic.net/pfh/resynthesizer , and packages (binary
> > and source) are at
> > http://bdonlan.googlepages.com/resynthesizerpackages
> > Description: Gimp plugin for texture synthesis
> > This gimp plugin takes samples of textures, and synthesizes larger textures
> > from them. It can be used to extend textures (including making tileable
> > textures), removing objects from textures, and making themed images.
> I have just looked at your package. Some thoughts:
> - please add the year(s) of copyright to debian/copyright
> - shouldn't the binary package depend on gimp? (debian/control)
> Other than that I'd be willing to upload your package.
Thanks for offering to upload the package :)
I've made the changes you asked, as well as a few other changes I
spotted at the time; specifically, I've altered it to pass CFLAGS
properly from debian/rules to the makefile, and removed the +debian
from my email (I've decided it's not necessary to have such
fine-grained filtering, yet...). Source and binary can again be found
at http://bdonlan.googlepages.com/resynthesizerpackages .
I tried to upload to mentors.debian.net as well, using dput, but I got
a strange problem:
gimp-resynthesizer_0.14-1.dsc 100% 623 0.6KB/s 00:00
gimp-resynthesizer_0.14.orig.tar.gz 100% 18KB 17.8KB/s 00:00
gimp-resynthesizer_0.14-1.diff.gz 100% 2045 2.0KB/s 00:00
gimp-resynthesizer_0.14-1_i386.deb 100% 22KB 21.7KB/s 00:00
gimp-resynthesizer_0.14-1_i386.changes 100% 1075 1.1KB/s 00:00
(here it paused until I hit enter)
scp: protocol error: unexpected <newline>
Warning: The execution of '/usr/bin/ssh' as
'ssh email@example.com chmod 0644
returned a nonzero exit code.
Error while fixing permission.
I chmodded the original files to 0644 and retried the upload; that
time it appeared to succeed, but trying to download the orig.tar.gz
gives a 403.
If the permissions on the file aren't corrected by a cronjob or
something in a few hours I'll mail their support address I guess.