Re: adoption request for "tcsh -- TENEX C Shell, an enhanced version of Berkeley csh"
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: adoption request for "tcsh -- TENEX C Shell, an enhanced version of Berkeley csh"
- From: Justin Pryzby <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 21:37:32 -0500
- Message-id: <20060318023732.GA2860@andromeda>
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com> <20060317193745.GA28048@carlos.godisch.de> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> On Fri, 2006-03-17 at 20:37 +0100, Martin Godisch wrote:
> > On Fri, Mar 17, 2006 at 16:36:06 +0800, Cai, Wen Liang wrote:
> > > I'm willing to adopt this package if you could give me a hand to
> > > guide me in the initial period. I'm a software engineer focusing
> > > on middleware and security fields. Most of my development jobs
> > > are based on Linux/UNIX environment.
> > You have to be a Debian developer or have to have a sponsor in
> > order to maintain a package. Do you? If not, please ask at
> > debian-mentors to find a sponsor there.
On Sat, Mar 18, 2006 at 10:32:45AM +0800, Cai, Wen Liang wrote:
> Thanks for your response. No, I'm neither a Debian developer nor having
> a sponsor there. I'll send a request to debian-mentors for help.
> Debian folks,
> Would anybody like to be my sponsor? I'm thinking of adopting tcsh
> package from Martin. I have used FOSS for several years. And just want
> to find a way to contribute back to the community.
You'll have much better luck finding a sponsor for an existing
package/update. I would suggest to prepare a new release of the
package, and then reinquire; perhaps the old maintainer will agree to
sponsor you, too.
(realizing that this sounds circular)