Re: How to 'su' to root from a script using Xdialog?
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: How to 'su' to root from a script using Xdialog?
- From: Benjamin Mesing <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 20:44:51 +0100
- Message-id: <1142624691.3943.19.camel@localhost>
- Reply-to: email@example.com
- In-reply-to: <D9T0gB.A.tv.c-sGEB@mobilix.private>
- References: <D9T0gB.A.tv.c-sGEB@mobilix.private>
> Q 2: How to avoid permission problems on $DISPLAY
> (root can not start a program on $USER x-window)
"sux" does this, though it is somewhat limited. E.g. if you "ssh -X" to
the target and run sux there, it won't work.
Please do not send any email to firstname.lastname@example.org -- all email not
originating from the mailing list will be deleted. Use the reply to