Re: RFS: libgpiv
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: RFS: libgpiv
- From: Justin Pryzby <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 15:34:01 -0500
- Message-id: <20060313203401.GA12608@andromeda>
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, Mar 13, 2006 at 09:10:41PM +0100, Gerber van der Graaf wrote:
> I just uploaded a repaired package to the debian-mentors repository after I got some
> comments from the previous one. The packages are linda and lintian error free.
> Lintian issued two warning messages:
> "source: package-uses-deprecated-debhelper-compat-version 3"
You use export DH_COMPAT=3, instead of 4 or 5.
> "package-name-doesnt-match-sonames libgpiv2". I don't know what these warnings mean
The package should apparently be named libgpiv2, since that is the
soname of the objects in /usr/lib/.
> As the previous package was not uploaded to the formal Debian
> repository by a DD, I did not increase the package number. So, its
> still an initial release which also closes the ITP BUG I reported
> against this package. Is this correct behaviour?
Yes, this is accepted, but other techniques are sometimes used too,
such as using NMU version numberbering until someone makes the initial
- RFS: libgpiv
- From: Gerber van der Graaf <email@example.com>