Re: Question about packaging a kernel module

On Fri, Mar 10, 2006 at 10:30:34AM +0100, Benjamin Mesing wrote:
> > Is the current kernel source available as a binary package?
> Why do you need a binary package? You can always do "apt-get source
> linux-image-<version-and-arch>" - most likely this works for Ubuntu
> too.
> Besides there seems to be a binary package for the kernel source in
> Debian: linux-source-<version-and-arch>

Some time ago I wrote a Howto about that topic. "Creating a kernel
with CTX patch the Debian way."

It's for Debian/Sarge, and it's german. But the commands should be
self-explaining and will give you a general idea. It uses the
kernel source package and "make-kpkg". It's a very elegant way
to produce a Debian package containing your new patched kernel.

If someone is really interested in that Howto, I'd translate it
to english.

Volker Grabsch
NotJustHosting GbR