Re: Packaging Qemu Launcher, unmaintained but useful software

Hi Linas,

Linas Zvirblis wrote:
> I have no problem with doing upstream development, but I am not very
> keen on forking it. My question is, would such fork be accepted into
> Debian? If it would, should it be Debian specific, or should I register
> a new project somewhere? How should I name (or version) it then?

Erik doesn't seem to have dropped off the net: The last update of Quemu
launcher is dated 2006-11-14, and his main web page carries a news item
dated 2006-02-23... You should probably persist a bit longer. In the
meantime you could release an interrims tarball '1.5.1+patches20060225'
or something of this type.

> Sorry if this post is not strictly mentors list related, but I was
> hoping that someone at Debian has already dealt with similar situation
> and would care to share experience.
Establishing and maintaining upstream relations is amongst the most
important tasks for Debian package maintenance, so your question is
definetly on-topic here.

Kind regards

T.
--