RFP: rhythmbox-applet -- control applet for rhythmbox music player
I am looking for a sponsor for rhythmbox-applet. This package was
orphaned last week  after being unmaintained for a long time. I
packaged the latest version which fixes several bugs including one FTBFS
bug. Upstream is very cooperative.
I already have two packages in Debian: dnstop and sipcalc, and two more
in the RFP queue [2,3].
The source package for rhythmbox-applet is available at 
* Package name : rhythmbox-applet
Version : 0.1.11
Upstream Author : Paul Kuliniewicz <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* URL : http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~kuliniew/rhythmbox-applet/
* License : GPL
Description : control applet for rhythmbox music player
This is a small GNOME panel applet to control Rhythmbox music playback.
Advantages that this applet has over using the icon Rhythmbox puts in
the notification area include:
* One-click access to the main operations needed during playback,
without needing to use a context menu.
* Display of the current playing time without requiring a mouse-over.
* Display of the current song's album in the song information.
* More in the spirit of the GNOME Human Interface Guidelines. The
notification area is intended primarily for notifying the user
of events, not as a secondary means of control.
rhythmbox-applet (0.1.11-1) unstable; urgency=low
* New upstream release (Closes: #328192, #345643, #349751)
* New maintainer (Closes: #353399)
-- Adriaan Peeters <email@example.com> Thu, 23 Feb 2006 11:19:13 +0100
Someone on the list interested in sponsoring this package?
Thanks in advance,