Re: libcpufreq and the small libsysfs transition

On Sun, Feb 12, 2006 at 02:19:08PM -0800, Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 12, 2006 at 07:06:00PM +0100, Mattia Dongili wrote:
>
> > I need a quick suggestion how to handle libcpufreq{0,-dev} within the
> > libsysfs transition.
> > Facts:
> > - current cpufrequtils is compatible with both libsysfs1 and libsysfs2
> > - the source package depends on libsysfs-dev >= 1.0.0
> > - libcpufreq0 uses ${shlibs:Depends} to build dependencies
>
> > Now, my understanding is that a binNMU is sufficient to rebuild binaries
> > and fill the correct dependencies?
>
> Looks like it to me.
>
> > If so, is pinging about it debian-release@l.d.o usually sufficient to
> > ask request the binNMU?
>
> Yes.

Ooops :)
My mail was indended as just a "suggestion" on how to proceed, I was
waiting the availability of libsysfs2 in sid before actually pinging
debian-release@ for the binNMU.

I did see that the package was rebuilt on 02/12 actually :)
Apologies for not being clear enough...

--
mattia
:wq!