Re: What to do if the upstream keeps debian directory in original tarball?

Why not just work with upstream as you seem to be doing - and when the
packagings done - download it ... and upload as a debian native package?

Surely if upstream keep a debian/ directory in the tarball then it would
automatically be assumed as a debian native package?

Get the pre-release, make it work - then when they include your work in the
release, download it and upload it to debian as a native package :D because
thats what it is :D

Stan Vasilyev wrote:
> I have a situation with a Debian package xdialog:
> http://packages.qa.debian.org/x/xdialog.html
>
> The upstream author, Thierry Godefroy <xdialog@free.fr>, insists on keeping
> the debian changes inside the upstream tarball, orig.tar.gz. This complicates
> the development process. First of all, when he makes a new version of
> xdialog, he sends it to the Debian maintainer (me). I then have to make
> changes to the debian directory and send him the changes. Finally, he
> releases the new upstream with Debian changes already included.
>
> What do I do with the Debian .diff.gz? Because of the above, i?
t's hard to see