Re: How to add a localization *.po file to a package?

On Tue, 2006-01-17 at 22:57 -0800, Stan Vasilyev wrote:

> I merged your work with my changes and fixed almost all bugs in BTS.

Some comments/questions:

      * Why did you remove the space in front of Homepage: in
        debian/control I intentionally placed that there. Please read
        the developers reference section 6.2.4.
        http://www.debian.org/doc/developers-reference/ch-best-pkging-practices.en.html#s-bpp-upstream-info
      * The README says it is outdated and depreciated, you should
        probably drop it from the deb or rewrite it or ask upstream to
        rewrite it.
      * debian/copyright doesn't say who the copyright holders are.
        Check the links near the bottom of the debian-mentors FAQ for
        some emails about proper ways to write debian/copyright files.
      * debian/rules: dh_compress/dh_fixperms should compress the
        examples and chmod them for you shouldn't they?
      * debian/changelog: Which part of the diff fixes bug #342815?
        Likewise for #332275. If they are fixes due to the new upstream,
        place those items as subitems under the "New upstream release."
        item.
      * debian/changelog: You might want to remove "Drop
        xdialog.man.diff: no longer needed" since you moved it to a
        patch.

> Would you sponsor the upload?

I'm not a debian developer yet, so I can't do that. You might want to
contact the previous maintainer (Lenart Janos) since he only fairly
recently orphaned the package.

--
bye,
pabs