Re: Extra debian repository

On Fri, Jan 13, 2006 at 08:04:01PM +0200, Mugurel Tudor wrote:
> So what am I doing wrong? If apt has two versions available for a
> package,one from it's own repository, and one from a third party
> repository, it doesn't install automaticaly the one with the higher
> version? If not, what should I do in order to complete this kind of
> setup?

I think this is because of the signing of packages which happens and is
checked nowadays.  If two versions are available, of which only one is
trusted, it chooses the trusted one, no matter what the versions are.

You should somehow sign your own archive and add your public key to apt's
keyring (I'm guessing it's in /usr/share/keyrings or /usr/share/apt).  I
haven't done anything like that though, but I suppose the internet can tell
you a bit more. :-)

Bye,
Bas Wijnen