Re: relibtoolizing when necessary (was: RFS: knmap -- Kde interface to nmap [uploaded])

On Fri, 13 Jan 2006, Florian Ernst wrote:
> > I thought I understood at least the reason to include diffs for a
> > config.guess and config.sub. But IMHO relibtooling is only needed when
> > certain libraries are in a state of transitions. Could you (or Florian (or

<autotools dev maintainer hat on>
You should always relibtoolize.  The only exception are for packages for
which upstream uses Debian libtool from sid.
</autotools dev maintainer hat on>

Debian libtool does many things that are much saner for Debian than
up-to-date upstream libtool. And non-up-to-date libtool from anywhere is
always a Bad Idea.

> Of course, maintainers shouldn't relibtoolize just for the sake of it,
> but sometimes it's truly worth the effort.

Unless the package already uses Debian libtool from upstream, it ain't
"for the sake of it..."

  Henrique Holschuh