RFH: open-mpi

Hello,

I'm currently about to prepare openmpi Debian packages, but I experience
the following problems with it:

openmpi compiles various shared libraries (libopal, libmpi, libmpi_cxx,
liborte, etc.) that don't make much sense when being used without
openmpi.

Actually the orted utility and therefor liborte may be used without
openmpi and the openmpi authors encourage users to do so, but there's no
application at the moment that does this.

I'm not sure how to handle the package(s) that will contain the openmpi
libraries. Should I split it up in one package per shared library or is
it a better way to put them all into a huge openmpi-libs package? Or
maybe there are other better possibilities?

Comments welcome.

Regards,
Flo

--