Re: single binary, multiple binary,...

On Sun, Jan 01, 2006 at 11:02:46PM +0100, Rakotomandimby Mihamina wrote:
> Hi,
> I want to learn building Debian package (yeah, it has been for a long
> now...) and need to get a zope2.9 package.
> Now, the latest available is just zope2.8-2.8.4.
> As well as it is not really an upgrade of the package but it brings a
> name change, I decided to create a new package.
> Well.. In fact, I will inspire 99% from the "rules" and other staff from
> the zope2.8 package, and may be the trick will be done by a simple
> s/2.8/2.9 in the debian directory files.
> I dont intend to re-invent the wheel.
>
> So: single binary? multiple binary? for that package? thank you.
A single binary package is one with 2 stanzas in ./debian/control; the
first stanza is always for the "source package", and additional
stanzas define the binary packages created by that source package.

> AS soon as I build a package without too much error, I will put it into
> a repo and the mentors and packages developpers will be abble to telle
> me what's wrong. I just want to do the first needed work, then
> ehancements wiil be brought by those who knows.
The easiest thing might be to use the same .diff.gz, and hack on it
until it 1) compiles, 2) creates useful binary packages, and 3) passes
lintian tests.

--
Clear skies,
Justin