Re: RFS: cdrbq -- graphical cd burning frontend

Justin Pryzby <justinpryzby@users.sourceforge.net> writes:

> Okay, great.  One thing:

> +		ln -s /usr/bin/cdrbq /usr/bin/cdrtoaster

> This line is not idempotent; it will fail the second time around.  My
> first though was to propose:

>   ln -sf cdrbq /usr/bin/cdrtoaster

> But it will overwrite a cdrtoaster binary!  This is more correct:

>   [ -e /usr/bin/cdrtoaster ] || ln -s cdrbq /usr/bin/cdrtoaster

> This will only make a symlink if cdrtoaster isn't installed.  But is
> there a way to make the symlink if cdrtoaster is installed, and then
> gets removed??  This is probably a job for the alternatives system.

I think the last sentence here is the best comment.  Maybe I'm missing
something, but this sounds like a job for alternatives from the start to
me rather than creating symlinks in /usr/bin.

Unfortunately, using alternatives requires that cdrtoaster uses
alternatives too, but then the result is much more maintainable and
predictable for the user.