Re: RFS: etl -- Voria Extended Class and Template Library

On Wed, 2005-11-30 at 01:07 -0500, Justin Pryzby wrote:

> > complement and supplement the C++ STL.
>   ^^^^^^^^^^     ^^^^^^^^^^
>
> What do they mean?  I'm halfway serious .. I know in math class
> complement is 90deg and supplement is 180deg.
>
> Is there a nonmath interpretation to those words, and, if so, is it
> related to the math bit?

Some output from dict:

Supplement

     To fill up or supply by addition; to add something to.

Complement

     To supply a lack; to supplement.

I'd be willing to substitute words that are more friendly to non-native
speakers if someone could suggest some.

--
bye,
pabs