Re: RFS: giac -- computer algebra system with nice GUI

Je 2005-11-20-13-54-47 (+0100), Thomas Viehmann skribis:
> Hi Carlos,

Hello!

> I see that giac is also included in quantian, a Debian based
> distribution (link on the giac page). How does your packaging relate to
> the one in quantian?

Bernard Parisse was interested in Giac to be included in Quantian.  So
he added upstream an old version of my "debian" subdirectory.  Now
upstream sources contain an updated version of this same subdirectory.

So it is basicly the same packaging, but I am trying to improve the
package in order to fulfil completely the Debian standards, and my
version has now little changes with respect to Bernard's version (it
is slightly more up-to-date).

> > Note: Pari/GP support required a patch against Pari sources.  This
> > patch has just been applied in CVS Pari, not yet in Debian.
> What does this mean w.r.t. dependencies?

Now, GIAC does not compile with Debian's libpari-dev 2.1.7.  After
present CVS Pari enters Debian, maybe version 2.1.11 or 2.1.12, Giac
will be compiled against it.

     ___ .',        ,'  c              carleos@asturlinux.org