Re: PGP and GPG keys...

Adeodato Simó wrote:

* Daniel Widenfalk [Sat, 12 Nov 2005 12:19:09 +0100]:

I have, and use, PGP 8.1 from PGP Corporation and have a key(s)
there which I use to encrypt and/or sign email with. Can I use
this key in the debian project, or do I have to create a new
GPG key?

  After asking around a bit on IRC, I got:

    - from http://www.debian.org/devel/join/nm-step2, "Each Applicant
      must provide an OpenPGP version 4 public key with encryption
      capabilities."

    - somebody mentioning that "a PGP5 key would be fine".

  Searching in keyservers, I see several keys for "Daniel Widenfalk",
  but the e-mail address do not match yours, and they seem standard 1024
  bit DSA keys.

  Perhaps if you post your keyid somebody can take a look and tell you
  whether it's fine or not?

I've verified that key works using the scripts posted by Christoph Berg.
The key is available when searching through the web interface on
keyserver.pgp.com. I guess it has not yet propagated to other servers?

The key ID is: 0xDECAB207 with fingerprint

    AB8E 3295 2111 3703 2823  E67C E5D2 B4E5 DECA B207

This key has not been signed by a DD so that is the next logical step
to do. Know any DD in the proximity of Uppsala/Sweden or
Stockholm/Sweden?

The other key(s) you found is the one I use at work. I only use that key
when signing/encrypting work related stuff.

Ciao
/Daniel