Re: RFS: ksudoku -- sudoku puzzle generator/solver

On Friday 11 November 2005 03:45 am, Christoph Haas wrote:
> - The orig.tar.gz differs from the upstream tarball. It's just a
>   rename of the directory inside and the admin/CVS directory is
>   removed. It's a religious issue but I would rather leave the original
>   upstream archive intact. The CVS wouldn't show up in the final
>   package anyway.

Changed; lintian will complain now, though :- )

> - You patched ksudoku-0.3/doc/en/index.docbook. Would that be better
>   solved through dpatch?

Upstream will be including an updated index.docbook in the next release (there
is active development), so I didn't think it was necessary to break out the
patch management systems just yet.

> - The debian/copyright lacks the years of copyright.

Fixed.

> - A 'desktop' file would be nice in addition to the 'menu' file.
>   (Don't forget to call dh_desktop.)

I'm not sure what you mean; a desktop file is installed as part of the
upstream source, /usr/share/applnk/Games/ksudoku.desktop. I've added the call
to dh_desktop, though I don't understand what it does -- the manpage is short
and I have no application called update-desktop-database *shrug*.

> - Some debhelper calls (like dh_link) are not needed.

Removing dh_link will cause a lintian error about relative symlinks,
actually...

> - Could you send the manpages upstream so they can be included
>   in the orig.tar.gz at the next release?

Yes, sent.

> - The AUTHOR section of the man pages looks strange to me.

Fixed.

New version uploaded to my archive, no revision bump. Thanks for taking a
look!

--
Ryan Schultz
"vi users are mammals, and they flip out and kill people *all the time.*"