Re: Conflict with kernel versions?

On Thursday 10 November 2005 14:16, Kevin B. McCarty wrote:
[...]
> To answer your first question: you cannot conflict against (or depend
> upon) specific kernel versions because there is no guarantee that an
> installed kernel package is the kernel that's running at the moment.

Yes, of course.

Actually, thinking about this a little more clearly, the *real* problem is
that the coroutine library doesn't work with pthreads. Given that I'm not
using pthreads, that ought not to matter; unfortunately, spey links with
libsqlite3, which *is* built to use pthreads. The 2.4 vs 2.6 thing is a bit
of a red herring --- the problem still exists on 2.6, but just happens to
work.

So if a non-threadsafe version of libsqlite3 could be built, there's a good
chance that it would Just Work on all kernel versions.

Given that there is no such thing in Debian, what's the appropriate solution?
Include my own copy of the library (which I don't want to do)? Petition the
sqlite maintainers to build a non-threaded version as part of the stock
libsqlite3 package?

--
+- David Given --McQ-+
| (dg@tao-group.com) |