Re: RFS: statist - Small and fast terminal-based statistics program

Hi,

On Tue, Nov 08, 2005 at 01:15:34AM +0100, Alexander Schmehl wrote:
> * Nico Golde <nico@ngolde.de> [051108 00:11]:
> > > http://wald.intevation.org/frs/download.php/35/statist_1.3.1-1.diff.gz
> > > http://wald.intevation.org/frs/download.php/36/statist_1.3.1-1.dsc
> > Same problem here:
>
> Works fine for me with the two URLs above, and the one mentioned earlier
> in this thread:
> http://wald.intevation.org/frs/download.php/34/statist_1.3.1.orig.tar.gz
> You downloaded the diff.gz in tripplet... did you noticed the difference
> between those URLs?  I was using wget and bash history, only changing
> file not noticing the changing {34,35,36} in the URL, and wondered
> myself what's wrong there..

Thanks, Alexander! On Sunday, the links were all pointing to
"34", and clicking in different links would download the
same file. Now, as you noted, the links changed, but it
seems that the directory number is more important than the
file name that follows it. I don't know why, since I'm only
a user of the site.

> - debian/control
>   - Current standards version ist not 3.6.1

I changed it to 3.6.2. Ok?

>   - Would be nice to add upstreams homepage to the package description

Added.

>   - Not a native english speaker myself so better ask someone who knows
>     better: I think you don't need the comma at "in scripts, and big" in
>     the package desctiption

I removed the commas. You might be correct: English uses
less commas than Portuguese.

> - debian/copyright
>   - The address of the FSF has changed

I noted the difference in addresses when was making the
package. I'll correct the address in the upstream package
for the next version of the program, but I'm not including
the file COPYING in the the Debian package. The file
"copyright" has the correct address, and it asks the user to
see /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL-2.

> - debian/README.debian
>   - Uhm... I don't see any valuable information in there...

Deleted.

> - debian/rules
>   - (Just a personal note) I found it quite easier to read, if all those
>     commented dh_foos are removed, not just commented

dh_foo commented lines deleted. I had almost not changed the
"rules" created by dh_make. I've only added the option
-Xmanual to dh_compress, although I'm not 100% sure that
this is accordance with the Debian Policy, which says that
most files have to be compressed. However, some systems are
not configured to transparently deal with .pdf.gz, and the
user of statist have to read the manual if he or she wants
to know how to prepare data files for statist.

> Beside that, I couldn't find any problems with your package (but I did
> only a quick view)... Please not howerver, that you really should check
> your packages with lintian, that would have found you the outdated
> standards and the FSF address problems.

I've checked it with lintian (1.23.8) and linda
(0.3.13.sarge.1). But, as I told above, I'm not using the
file COPYING, where the old address is.

I uploaded the new files, downloaded with wget, and
dpkg-source them. Two links CHANGED again:

http://wald.intevation.org/frs/download.php/39/statist_1.3.1-1.dsc
http://wald.intevation.org/frs/download.php/40/statist_1.3.1-1.diff.gz

The .orig.tar.gz remains the same:

http://wald.intevation.org/frs/download.php/34/statist_1.3.1.orig.tar.gz