k9copy and vamps: how to proceed if packages are merged?

Hi!
I'm working on packaging of k9copy and vamps package (ITP: 320045 and 320067).

In a first time, packages was separated, but now, the upstream author has
merged them.. The problem is that k9copy provides vamps, but with a different
name: k9vamps and k9playcell!

I'm looking for the right way to proceed...
I can add a field in control file: "provide: vamps"..
but after?
maybe an alternative? I don't think is a good idea..
a normal link? but after that there will be 4 commands: vamps, k9vamps, etc...

suggestions?

Cheers,
 Claudio

PS: packages are available on http://repos.knio.it