Re: dpatch & upstream source

Justin Pryzby wrote:

> Also, how does this work WRT pristine source requirements?  I notice
> that coreutils embedded upstream tarball is pristine, but of course
> the .orig is not.

IMO this isn't a political problem - the user gets the pristine source
from the orig.tgz all right.
There is - and this hasn't really been discussed in this thread - the
same issue that people have with dpatch et al in general: The package
building process is more opaque to outsiders needing to work on the
package (e.g. security team, NMUers). In september/october there has
been a discussion of these disadvantages on planet.d.o.

Kind regards

T.
--
Thomas Viehmann, http://thomas.viehmann.net/