Re: RFS: gips - an isotopic pattern calculator

On Wed, Aug 31, 2005 at 01:12:03AM +0200, Krugaan wrote:
> I build a package for GIPS (licenced under GPL), wich is a program to
> calculate the isotopic distribution of a given sum formula or peptide
> sequence.
> AFAIK there is no program in debian to achieve this task. Therefore I
> consider GIPS to be a nice addition to the science section.
>
> The project home page can be found at:
> http://isotopatcalc.sourceforge.net/index.php
>
> The original sources can be downloaded from this site:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/isotopatcalc
>
> The debian package is located at:
> http://isotopatcalc.sourceforge.net/debian/

I just was bored and wanted to look at your package. :) However the
orig.tar.gz file that you provide differs from the upstream tarball I
just downloaded from
http://surfnet.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/isotopatcalc/gips-0.7.tar.gz

Are there multiple 0.7 versions? :)

Further annotations:
- your debian/changelog looks strange :(
- please tidy up the debian/rules file :(
- building the package works well :)
- when I tried to use the "Help" menu item I had a segfault :(

Could you please fix these minor issues?

Regards
 Christoph
--
~