Re: sponsors.debian.net beta

On Thu, 18 Aug 2005, Ben Finney wrote:
> This has happened at at least a dozen sites recently. I'm getting
> really sick of this. Is everyone using the same frigging regex to
> "validate" email addresses? Well, whatever the cause, it's *wrong*.
> Please stop "validating" email addresses against a regex.

I get that kind of crap everytime I try to use an extended email address
with a "+" in most "professionaly run and written corporate sites"...

That said, I can't see how your [a-z0-9@.]+ address could have failed any
sort of regex that didn't break everyone else's address...

RFC2822 has the BNF for a valid email address.  Anyone writing a check must
use THAT as a guide and accept 100% of what the RFC deems valid (and reject
100% of what it deems as invalid, as well).

  Henrique Holschuh