Re: autotools during build

On Fri, 12 Aug 2005, Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 12, 2005 at 01:50:33PM +0200, Daniel Leidert wrote:
> > > Aside from wasting (a little)
> > > space in the archive, that makes it harder for NMUers or passing developers
> > > to see what's going on in your package.
>
> > In this case, you could use dpatch to change things and then it is not
> > harder to see, what is going on.
>
> No, it just makes it hard to examine the differences between two versions
> using debdiff, rather than making it hard to look at the diff for a single
> version.

Then we have a design problem with debdiff, don't we?  Anyway, for users of
dpatch-like packaging methods, that is a non-issue.

Using Debian-packaged and fixed autotools (*especially* libtool and gettext)
instead of whatever upstream uses is almost always a very good idea in my
experience.

  Henrique Holschuh