Re: RFS: tvbrowser -- TV-Browser is a java-based TV guide

On 05/08/06 18:20 +0200, Philipp Kern said ...
> On Aug 6, 2005, at 6:09 PM, Bastian Venthur wrote:
> > I wonder, because even if I've cleaned up the whole sources, there
> > would still be the .orig.tar.gz where all this copyrighted stuff is
> > in.
>
> You just encountered the case where you need to repackage the source
> code, with the non-free parts removed from the .orig.tar.gz.

And when you are removing such non-free parts, and they form a good part
of the orig.tar.gz, you should add a .dfsg to the upstream version
number when creating a package, to make it clear that the non-free parts
were removed.

Giridhar

--
Y Giridhar Appaji Nag | http://www.appaji.net/