Re: RFS: tvbrowser -- TV-Browser is a java-based TV guide

On Aug 5, 2005, at 9:51 PM, Arnaud Vandyck wrote:
I see there is a client and a server, do you package the client or the
server or both?

There is no sense in packaging the server currently, as normally users are not allowed to use the data sources. The data itself is free only for the users of TVBrowser. You have to agree to this on the first run.

Did you tried to build/run it with free tools (kaffe, jamvm, sablevm,
gcj/gij, jikes, etc...)? (it seems some javax.swing.text.html.* classes
are missing in kaffe 1.1.5-x but I don't know if there've been
implemented yet...)

It didn't run with a free runtime when I tried it (the version from its homepage).

Kind regards,
Philipp Kern