Re: I do not need "prerm"...

Hello Sven,

Am 2005-08-01 23:06:09, schrieb Sven Mueller:
> Hi Michelle.

> What message is that exactly and how does the prerm script look like?
> The one my only current daemon package has basically looks like this:
>
> # Automatically added by dh_installinit
<snip>
> # End automatically added section
>
> Is that the same with your package? If yes, then the message you report

Yes, it is the same.

> should just be a warning, but the removal should still work. Otherwise

Right, but I hate to see warnings,
<selfcritic>which mean, the script or program is badly coded</selfcritic>

> it would help to see the prerm script generated for your package.
> I wonder though: the prerm script I quoted above doesn't give any
> message, so the only source for that message would be _your_ init

I was thinkting this too...

> script. I can't see any such message in it though:
>
> > I have:
> >
> >     case "$1" in
> >       start|restart|reload|force-reload)
> >         echo -n "Starting $DESC: $NAME: "
> >         tdlinuxcounter --boot
> >         ;;
> >     stop)
> >         ;;

> One problem exists with init scripts which don't return 0 when called to
> "stop", but AFAIK, that doesn't affect package removal.

Really, I do not know, WHY (!!!) I have the stop) in the INIT script.
Removing it and the error was gone...  :-/

> cu,
> sven

Greetings
Michelle

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi