Emacs mode package problem

Hi,

I want to make a rpm-spec-mode package in order to create RPM specfiles
under Debian.

What I did is to take the source package of python-mode then edit

- rules
- control
- emacsen-*
- ...

and replace _manually_ python-mode with rpm-spec-mode. I did nothing
automatically (no sed 's,python-mode,rpm-spec-mode,g').

The stuff tries to load the rpm-spec-mode when I open a specfile.
That's right. But it fails to open it. Emacs' traceback gives:

[...]
For information about the GNU Project and its goals, type C-h C-p.
File mode specification error: (void-function
define-obsolete-variable-alias)

I dont know what to do, because this message is not talking to me...
I would like to submit you the package but dont know how to submit it to
you. Source package is not one file, have I got to tar them and give to you?

--
Miroir de logiciels libres        http://www.etud-orleans.fr