Re: one lintian output correcting question

On Tuesday, July 05, 2005 11:21 AM, John Hendrickson
<johndhendrickson22124@yahoo.com> wrote:

> W: xdm-options: packages-installs-file-to-usr-x11r6
> usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xdm-option
>
> Is this informational or am I supposed to somehow register this so
> lintian won't complain?

adam@kaa:~$ echo 'W: xdm-options: packages-installs-file-to-usr-x11r6' |
lintian-info
W: xdm-options: packages-installs-file-to-usr-x11r6
N:
N:   Packages using the X Window System should not be configured to install
N:   files under the /usr/X11R6/ directory unless they use imake. The
N:   /usr/X11R6/ directory hierarchy should be regarded as deprecated for
N:   all packages except the X Window System itself.
N:
N:   Programs that use GNU autoconf and automake are usually easily
N:   configured at compile time to use /usr/ instead of /usr/X11R6/, and
N:   this should be done whenever possible.
N:
N:   Refer to Policy Manual, section 11.8.7 for details.
N:

Note that out of gdm, kdm, wdm and sdm, only wdm installs any files under
/usr/X11R6/.

Regards,

Adam