Re: depending on a customized library

On 5/19/05, Michael K. Edwards <m.k.edwards@gmail.com> wrote:
> By the way, if you want to use oprofile, you might as well use the
> 0.8.2 release.  apt-get source oprofile will get you 0.8.1; grab the
> 0.8.2 upstream, unpack it, grab the 0.8.2 release notes, put them in
> ./ReleaseNotes, copy over ./AUTHORS and ./debian from the 0.8.1 tree,
> add a debian/changelog entry, run ./autogen.sh (use autoconf 2.59 and
> automake 1.7.9), propagate over the doc fixes if you want,
> dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot, you're good to go.  The oprofile module
> is part of stock 2.6.x kernels; you have to rebuild with
> install_vmlinux in /etc/kernel-pkg.conf if you want kernel profiling,
> but for userspace stuff the stock kernel should be OK.

I left out copying config.sub and config.guess from /usr/share/misc
(they're supplied by autotools-dev) before running ./autogen.sh.  It
would be nice to script out the above so that the diff.gz is easily
regenerated with a new upstream (CVS snapshot, etc.); the
autoconf/automake diff is some 15,000 lines and distracts from the
real changes.

Cheers,
- Michael