Re: noob needs a little help making a package.

On Fri, Apr 22, 2005 at 05:30:20PM -0400, Michael Appleman wrote:
>    I'm trying my hand at making a debian package(of
>    [1]http://www.kmuddy.net/), and am following the debian new maintainers
>    guide. I'm to the part where I need to find out the build dependancies and
>    ran the shell script the guide has to find them, but i'm not quite sure
>    how to interperet the output(attached). Do I just copy everything down at
>    the bottom?

Not exacly. Some of these packages are so called build-essential so you
don't need to include them in your Build-Depends header.
The easiest way to find out needed packages is to try to build it in
pbuilder chroot environment.

>    What about this line (also near the end):
>    checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 3.1.0) (headers and
>    libraries) not found. Please check your installation!
>
>    Do I also need to include "Qt (>= Qt 3.1.0)" as a build dependancy?

-dev packages are intended for building (programming) tasks. So what you
probably need is libqt3-dev or libqt3-mt-dev.

regards
fEnIo

--
  ,''`.  Bartosz Fenski | mailto:fenio@debian.org | pgp:0x13fefc40 | irc:fEnIo
 : :' :       32-050 Skawina - Glowackiego 3/15 - w. malopolskie - Poland