Re: Sources with missing dependencies

Am 2005-04-13 08:36:57, schrieb Kevin B. McCarty:

> > 1)  What should I do in such situation?
> >
> >     Write a BUG report against the package ?
>
> Yes, please file a bug against the package with severity "grave".  If
> the package can be built on sid, but not on sarge, then also tag the bug
> "sarge".  Which package, by the way?

Do not know exaxtly, because I have tried to build around 360 Packages.
I need to check the packages because it is for the french military,
where I am Lieutenant and working on a GNU/Linux project.

> > 2)  How does buildd handel such situation?
>
> If a package can't be compiled on the buildd then usually the package
> maintainer will get an FTBFS bug filed by the buildd maintainer.  In
> some corner cases, it's possible that a package will compile on a buildd
> but not with "apt-get build-dep" etc., because sbuild (the core buildd
> program) has an implementation of dependencies different from APT's.
> It's also possible that a package will compile in sid but not in sarge,
> because the sarge testing scripts don't check build-deps.

Thats realy interesting.  -  Why this ?

We have around 500 selected packages which we like to use,
automated clean building is ONE of the criterias...

These packages are selected to push it into the Common
Criteria EAL1 to EAL 5. (Not only Servers. Workststions too)

> regards,

Greetings
Michelle

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi