Re: how to know the architecture ?

On Sat, Apr 09, 2005 at 12:09:53AM +0200, Rakotomandimby (R12y) Mihamina wrote:
> - How will I know, when I build a package, that the binary will be arch
> specific? (Because I need to correctly fill the "Architecture:" field in
> the dsc file!)

The correct value is "any" for architecture-specific binaries, and "all" for
architecture-independent code.

> If I build it on a x86, and if I dont know, have I to suppose it's x86
> specific and wait for some others to compile it on some other arches to
> declare it "all arches" ?

No.  If you set Architecture: i386, the package will *fail* to build on all
other architectures.  You should only do this if you *know* the code is not
portable.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer