About NM guide: Daemon packages

Hi folks,

I'm starting to package my second .deb for my work, the software is the
Zabbix monitoring server and agent, and I'm following the NM guide to
build it. I have a question about a statement on one of the first pages,
it says:

If the package is new, and you decide you'd like to see it in Debian,
proceed as follows:
[...]
    * program should not be a daemon, or something that goes in */sbin
directories, or open a port as root.
[...]

Why it shouldn't be a daemon? it's harder to get it into Debian because
of that? this particular daemon (http://zabbix.com) uses a
non-privileged port (10050 or something...).

Best regards,
--
Lucas Di Pentima - Santa Fe, Argentina - Jabber ID: lucas@lunix.com.ar
LUNIX S.R.L. - Soluciones en GNU/Linux - http://www.lunix.com.ar