Removing alternatives

Hello,

There is a package called "ht" that provided a binary called "ht" which
was also the name of a script in "tex4ht" (which I currently maintain).
The alternatives mechanism was used to avoid clashes---a mistaken hack.

So what is currently done is that there is an alternative called
"/usr/bin/ht". It is provided by "/usr/bin/tex4ht-ht". Note that the
name "tex4ht-ht" is Debian-specific and the upstream name is "ht".

The currently maintainer for "ht" says that it no longer includes such a
binary so that the alternatives-based hack can be done away with.

1. Do I need to continue to support the Debian-specific "/usr/bin/tex4ht-ht"?

2. How does one indicate to the Debian Package management system that
   there is now no choice and the alternatives management for "ht" should
   be dropped entirely?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Kapil.