how to handle bugs (wishlist) in packages we build depend on

Hello,

Here is the situation:

We have #290338 against ara [1]. Also we believe we have done our packaging
right, but as you can see from the buildd logs [2] of the latest version, we
end up with:

-----log-----
dpkg-genchanges: arch-specific upload - not including arch-independent
packages
dpkg-genchanges: failure: cannot read files list file: No such file or
directory
Build finished at 20050401-0220
FAILED [dpkg-buildpackage died]
-----log-----

on arches with no native ocaml compiler (debian/rules snippet appended [3]).

Well, we end up needing dpkg-genchanges and dpkg-buildpackage with support for
building only architecture-independant parts of the packages (see #109794
#200454) which I believe will handle our packaging right.

Now, we end up with #290338 wontfix. But is it a good practice to merge it
with #109794 #200454 (we believe we depend on)? Will we be informed in that
case when the last bugs (we depend on) will be resolved so to be able to
trigger a (re-)build of our package ?

[1] http://ara.alioth.debian.org/
[2] http://buildd.debian.org/build.php?arch=&pkg=ara
[3]
# Build architecture independant packages using the common target.
binary-indep: build install-indep
        $(MAKE) -f debian/rules DH_OPTIONS=-i binary-common

# Build architecture dependant packages using the common target.
binary-arch: build install-arch
        # The arch-dependent packages are only available on archs supported by
ocamlopt
        -@if [ -x /usr/bin/ocamlopt ] ; then \
            $(MAKE) -f debian/rules DH_OPTIONS=-s binary-common ; \
        else \
            echo "There are no native code compilers on arch $(shell dpkg
--print-architecture) \
            so this package arch-dependant part should not build on it." ; \
        fi

binary: binary-arch binary-indep
.PHONY: build clean binary-indep binary-arch binary install

--
pub 4096R/0E4BD0AB 2003-03-18 <danchev.fccf.net/key pgp.mit.edu>
fingerprint    1AE7 7C66 0A26 5BFF DF22 5D55 1C57 0C89 0E4B D0AB