Re: binary-arch vs binary-indep

On Thu, Mar 24, 2005 at 05:52:09PM +0100, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> Hello Mentors,
>
> I am reading me to dead... because I have some tools (BASH/Perl scripts)
> which are architecture independant but it builds every time as
>
>     package_X.X.X_i386.deb  AND NOT  package_X.X.X_all.deb
>
> Ist there a special thing to do ?
>
> I asume that $ARCH is determined by "dh_install" which meen binary.
>
> Any hints ?
./debian/control contains a Source section and one or more Package
sections.  Each Package section contains an Architecture field, which
is usually "any" (may be be built for any given arch, and is
arch-dep), or "all" (may be build once, on any arch, and that build
build is arch-indep; it works for all archs).

Justin