Re: Source code extracted to current directory

On Thu, Mar 17, 2005 at 04:50:27PM -0300, Nelson A. de Oliveira wrote:

> Hi mentors
>
> When we have a program xyz.tgz and when uncompressing it, it extracts
> everything to the current directory and not to xyz/ we have to create a
> dir xyz-version/, move all the extracted files to xyz-version/ and
> repack this directory, right?

No, dpkg-source copes with this situation fine, if it extracts in
toplevel, or has a wrongly-named single directory, it'll make sure it
gets in package-version/ directory anyway.

Repacking should normally only be done if it contains undistributeable
stuff, or non-free stuff in case of a main or contrib package.

--Jeroen

--
Jeroen van Wolffelaar
http://Jeroen.A-Eskwadraat.nl