Re: About control files

Lucas Wall <kthulhu@kadath.com.ar> schrieb:

> On 03/17/2005 12:59 PM, Lucas Di Pentima wrote:
>> Hello!
>> I'm reading the Policy Manual so I can correct any errors I have in
>> my
>> control file before sending my program to Lucas Wall, that had accepted
>> to be my sponsor.
>> Reading this URL:
>> http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-controlfields.html
>> ...I see that the source package control file must be in
>> "debian/control", and the binary control file must be in
>> "DEBIAN/control"...am I right? they are different directories? I didn't
>> knew that.
>
> The binary control file is built from your source control file when
> you compile your source package into a binary package.

... if you use dh_gencontrol(1), or invoke dpkg-gencontrol manually.  Of
course a package can also be created along

mkdir tmp
cp whatnot/ tmp/
mkdir tmp/DEBIAN
cat >tmp/DEBIAN/control
type whatever you like
Ctrl-D
dpkg-deb -b tmp

(you can even use tar and ar instead of dpkg-deb)

Regards, Frank

--
Frank Küster
Inst. f. Biochemie der Univ. Zürich