Re: Open ITP without apparent work on it

Shaul Karl wrote:

On Wed, Mar 16, 2005 at 12:53:15PM +0200, Shachar Shemesh wrote:
I don't mind working on it, with the full risk of the original packager submitting a package before I manage to find a sponsore to mine etc. What I don't want happening, though, is that I'll work on it, submit and package, and then be told that this package cannot go in because someone else owns the ITP.

 Be aware that there are claims that the handling of the NEW queue is
slow. Take a look at the thread of this message http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2005/03/msg00166.html and http://kitenet.net/~joey/blog/entry/random_idea_re_new_queue-2005-03-02-21-12.html
Oh, I know that. I have had a package in there for almost three weeks now. I asked not because I have a package ready (hence my refusal to take ownership of the bug - I don't know whether I'll scale the odds), but because I don't want to do all this work if it can be for-concluded it's going to be in vain.

         Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh
Lingnu Open Source Consulting ltd.