Re: copyright and license missing?

El Sábado, 12 de Marzo de 2005 10:49, Qingning Huo escribió:
> I am working on these two packages: libtorrent and rtorrent [1].  There
> are no copyright claims on any source files or README files.  There is
> only an AUTHORS file with the name and email of the author.  On the
> other hand, it is indicated on the website that the software is
> "Licensed under the GPL", but I can find nowhere in the source tarball
> saying so.  There is a COPYING file (GPLv2) though.

IMHO, _is_ a problem. If I publish tomorrow the Good Personal License, I can
say that the author wants to distribute the program under the terms on my
license.

And note that sometimes one uses different licenses in the same tarball (for
example, for documentation).

--
Alex (a.k.a. suy) - GPG ID 0x0B8B0BC2
http://darkshines.net/ - Jabber ID: suy@bulmalug.net