Re: RFS: setserial - Controls configuration of serial ports

On Mon, Mar 07, 2005 at 11:09:34PM +0200, Jan Zizka wrote:
> > Procedure is mentioned at WNPP pages. And there is some bugreport against
> > setserial. Wishlist with updated translation, but it's still bugreport ;)
>
> Yes but that is already added in 2.17-40.

So I see no reason for keeping this bugreport open. It should be closed or
at least tagged as sarge related.

> > So the correct way of adopting would be to prepare new revision of package
> > with fixed bug and changelog entry which will close RFA.
>
> Yes but for this I would have to be already a DD. Since I'm not I'll have
> to find a sponsor first. But I'll try to seach if there is any other wish,
> which I could implement and make the package fist and come back with it :))

No. It's not "find sponsor and then work on package".
It's actually inverse order.

Noone will sponsor you or even promise sponsoring if you have nothing to
show. You don't have to be DD for preparing new revision of package.
Only uploading part needs DD access, and you should ask for sponsor having
something to upload.

regards
fEnIo
--
  ,''`.  Bartosz Fenski | mailto:fenio@debian.org | pgp:0x13fefc40 | irc:fEnIo
 : :' :       32-050 Skawina - Glowackiego 3/15 - w. malopolskie - Poland