Question to dh_installdocs

Hello,

curently I am packing some stuff from differnt Websites and it is
the first time I have used dh_installdocs but it give me an error:

  __( '/home/michelle.konzack/src/stuffit-520/build.log' )______________
 /
| dpkg-buildpackage: source package is stuffit
| dpkg-buildpackage: source version is 520-1
| dpkg-buildpackage: source maintainer is Michelle Konzack <linux4michel
| le@freenet.de>
| dpkg-buildpackage: host architecture is i386
|  fakeroot debian/rules clean

<snip>

| dh_installman  man/man1/stuff.1
| dh_installman  man/man1/unstuff.1
| dh_installdocs doc/stuff/INSTALL doc/stuff/LICENSE doc/stuff/README
|              doc/stuff/stuff.html doc/unstuff/unstuff.html
| chown: changing ownership of `debian/tmp/usr/share/doc': Operation not
|  permitted
| chown: changing ownership of `debian/tmp/usr/share/doc/stuffit': Opera
| tion not permitted
| chown: changing ownership of `debian/tmp/usr/share/doc/stuffit/registe
| r': Operation not permitted
| chown: changing ownership of `debian/tmp/usr/share/doc/stuffit/INSTALL
| ': Operation not permitted
| chown: changing ownership of `debian/tmp/usr/share/doc/stuffit/LICENSE
| ': Operation not permitted
| chown: changing ownership of `debian/tmp/usr/share/doc/stuffit/README'
| : Operation not permitted
| chown: changing ownership of `debian/tmp/usr/share/doc/stuffit/stuff.h
| tml': Operation not permitted
| chown: changing ownership of `debian/tmp/usr/share/doc/stuffit/unstuff
| .html': Operation not permitted
| dh_installdocs: command returned error code 256
| make: *** [install] Error 1

Why does it not work with fakeroot ?

In my last packages I had used the 'install' command and the package
was working fine. Now with 'dh_installdocs' I get the error.

Thanks
Michelle

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi