Re: changes to upstream sources/HOWTO patch

gregor herrmann wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 19, 2005 at 10:56:24AM +0100, Bastian Venthur wrote:
>
>>I've noticed that some packages contain a debian/patches-dir and I'm curious
>>how this works.
>
> debian/patches is used by dpatch, the necessary information should be
> available in man dpatch.
>
>>Can someone explain to me how to apply patches to upstream sources "the
>>right way" or point me to an appropriate document?
>
> There are always more than one ways ;-)

For example: forget about dpatch and change the sources directly. Your changes
will appear in the diff.gz

dpatch&co is pretty good for managing complex changes, but if you need to only
make minor changes dpatch is overkill. IMMV.

dam
--
Damyan Ivanov                              Creditreform Bulgaria
divanov@creditreform.bg              http://www.creditreform.bg/